Buy 6 to 11 Bottles
Save 10% off Wine! Plus, Free Shipping to WA, OR, & ID or $10 Flate Rate Shipping to other eligible states.

Buy 12 or more Bottles
Save 15% off Wine! Plus, Free Shipping to all eligible states.

Join the Officer's Wine Club
Save 20% off Wine. Free Shipping on 6-12 bottles based on destination. Sign Up Today!

No coupon codes needed.  Discounts automatically applied.

2019 Chardonnay

Buy Wine

Tasting Notes

This Chardonnay offers intriguing layers of poached pears and honeysuckle with hints of roasted cashews and freshly baked brioche bread. The wine enters the palate with a slightly creamy mouthfeel showcasing flavors of caramel, apples, honeydew melons, toasted marshmallows, and undertones of crushed stones. The finish is smooth and well-balanced expressing the perfect harmony of acidity, fruit, and oak.


90 Points by Owen Bargreen, Certified Sommelier, Formerly the Senior Editor at the International Wine Report

Vineyard Designation

100% Estate Grown

Vintage Notes

The 2019 vintage threw everything it could at us winemakers. The year started off with a very mild winter, then out of nowhere, we saw record snow accumulations in late February that lasted until early March. Thankfully, this did not affect buds on the dormant grapes, but it did delay bud break; about 2 weeks later than normal. In turn, this also delayed the overall ripening process. Although we did see a decent amount of heat accumulation, 2019 will go down as a cooler vintage for Washington State. Not only did we have these challenges to overcome, but our typically amazing October was also very trying for us. We experienced two freezing periods that made our winemaking decisions ever more challenging. The frosts resulted in damage to all our grapes. As seasoned winemakers, we took this challenge head on and decided to purchase some brand new state of the art equipment including an optical sorter that would eject bad and damaged grapes before any of these grapes went into a fermenter or press. The new equipment worked amazing for us, and we were very pleased with the results in the wines. The wines from this vintage are more consumer-friendly with higher acidity and lower alcohols, but the fruit aspect is exceptional.

Winemaking Notes

The 2019 Airfield Chardonnay displays the best of both worlds that Chardonnays from the State of Washington have to offer. 55% was fermented and aged in stainless steel and 45% exclusively in French oak (of which 40% was new French Oak and the remaining 60% was 2 to 6 year old French Oak). Harvested in early October at optimal ripeness, the grapes were hand picked, sorted at the crush pad, and then sent directly to the press as whole clusters and pressed gently to maintain the fresh fruit and varietal characteristics. After settling out for 72 hours, 55% of the juice was sent to stainless steel tanks and 45% to exclusive French Oak Barrels for fermentation. The stainless portion was fermented cool with temperatures maxing out at 60 degrees, the barrels were fermented around 60-68 degrees until dry. After fermentation, the barrels were inoculated for malolactic fermentation and closely monitored to ensure completion. Our main goal with Malo-lactic fermentation was to complete the secondary fermentation but allow the wines to maintain its amazing fruit quality without abstracting it from more “buttery tones”, the stainless portion did not undergo any malolactic fermentation. The wines had their lees stirred in barrels and in tank twice a month for three months to help with the mouthfeel and to make the wines rounder and more balanced. Overall, the wine was aged for 10 months in tank and barrels before blending and then an additional one month of concrete tank aging before bottling.

* Produced in a Vegan Manner (No animal biproducts used in production of this wine)

Food Pairing

Roast Lobster with Tarragon-Lemon Butter
Braised Pork with Pearl Onions and Grapes
Fresh Corn Soufflé with Bacon and Comté
Brie or Camembert

  • Varietal Composition: Chardonnay
  • Appellation: Yakima Valley
  • Cases Produced: 1,737
  • Alcohol: 13.4
  • pH: 3.58
  • Acidity: 5.9 g/L
  • Ageability: Now through 2024

Download Wine Notes